Prayer is communication with God and it’s just as much listening as it is speaking. Prayer is an important part of the Christian walk and can bring peace, joy, hope and strength in difficult times.
In prayer, we can talk to God and tell him our worries, concerns, and even needs. It’s a way for us to express our thankfulness for all the blessings in our lives and to seek His guidance.
By studying Scripture, we can gain an understanding what does 11:11 mean in the bible of God’s perspective on prayer and be encouraged in our own prayers.
Here are 23 Bible verses about prayer that can offer insight and comfort as you pray, and remind you that God cares about you, He listens to you and He is always there for you.
Bible Verses about Prayer
1. “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” – Jeremiah 33:3
2. “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” – Mark 11:24
3. “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” – Romans 12:12
4. “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.” – Matthew 6:7
5. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” – Philippians 4:6
6. “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16